On the evening of October 7th, 2016, Sen. C. Anthony Muse spoke to a group of concerned parents, educators and community leaders about the need to revoke HB1107, which essentially gave control of Prince George’s County Public Schools to County Executive Rushern Baker III. The meeting with the senator Muse took place at Largo shopping center – South Campus way.
Maryland State Sen. Anthony Muse also called for transparency and accountability initiatives and the need for a new external audit. He said he also wants to change the county’s school board back to a fully elected board so that we could move forward together and improve our schools. “Complaining about things won’t change them. It takes involvement to make situations better.” He said.
Prince George’s County Executive Rushern Baker fought to appoint the school CEO and some members of the school board, including the chair and vice chair. Now, the board is a hybrid of elected and appointed members and corruption is more than ever before.
- Sign the Petition here>>Petition to Investigate PGCPS Headstart Child Abuse Launched!
- Read more>>> BOE political cronyism-nepotism refresher
- Read more >>> It is time for Gov. Larry Hogan to step in and Help fix PGCPS.
- Read more >>>PGCPS parents demand changes ASAP at school board meeting.
- Read more >>>Fired PGCPS schools employee: ‘There is a lot of cover up going on’
- Read more>>>PGCPS teens threaten mass shooting at PGCPS schools.
Sen. C. Anthony Muse speaking to a group of concerned parents, educators and community leaders about the need to revoke HB1107 on October 7, 2016